We wanted to help explain what cookies are, the different types, why General & Medical uses them and how they affect your web experience.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. For example, cookies are used to remember users' preferences and to help navigate between pages efficiently.
We may also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address and the page you requested.
cookie will typically contain details such as the domain from which the cookie has come, a value which is usually a random unique number as an identifier and the lifetime (expiry) of the cookie.
There are 3 types of cookies used on this website:
- Session Cookies: allowing us to "remember" content from page to page (these expire when you leave the website or close the browser).
- Persistent Cookies: which define "Time To Live" and help us to determine your preferences (these will expire after the "Time To Live" period)
- Third Party Cookies: these are cookies from any other domain, such as recommended product and advertising services.
What will a cookie do for me?
Almost every website that offers advanced features such as online ordering/quoting and custom content utilises cookies. Each website utilises unique cookies, which essentially means that the cookies used by one site cannot be used by another.
General & Medical wants to provide a good customer experience on its website and here's an example of how cookies can allow this to happen:
- Exp: To remember the quotes that you have completed to make the application process easier when you return back to the website.
- Content: Show you relevant content such as available discounts depending on your browser behaviour.
- User Behaviour: analytics to track website visits and clicks for pages visited. This allows us to see how our customers like to use our website and which pages or functions they prefer; this allows us to continually improve our service.
- Third Party: Selected partner cookies which track where the users' visit originated. This allows us to see where your visit originated from, especially advertising on partner sites, present appropriate offers and helps prevent fraud and detect spammers.
Why do I need to know this?
General & Medical respects customer concerns and we want you to know why we ask you to opt-in and accept cookies. We want to be clear that accepting cookies does not give us access to your computer or personal information. We value our customer relationships and feel that our customers will benefit from cookies on our website, which enhance the web experience.
Cookies set by Third Party websites
General & Medical does sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from those websites. General & Medical does not control the dissemination of these cookies.
You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
General & Medical's website may carry embedded 'share' buttons to enable users to easily share articles and information with other people through a number of popular social networks. These social network sites may set a cookie when you are also logged into their service. General & Medical does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by General & Medical, or indeed any other website, you can do this through your browser settings. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of www.generalandmedical.gg
Other important information
This policy has been developed with the recognition that internet technologies are rapidly evolving. This policy is subject to change and any such changes will be posted on this page. We want you to be aware that General & Medical is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of websites to which there may be a link.